350 gr Long Grain Rice
2 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
3 Eggs 1 Onion
2 Green Chillis, Sambal Ulek or Sambal Badjak.
1 Garlic Clove
1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
250 gr. Chicken meat
250 gr. Shelled Prawns
3 Tbs. Sweet Soy Sauce
- This dish is best made from cold leftover rice, but you can cook a fresh batch and leave it to cool for at least 4 hours.
- Beat the eggs and make into a omelet, slice into strips and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the chopped onion, leek, garlic and chillis. Fry until the onion is soft. Add the Coriander and Cumin.
- Slice Chicken into strips and add with the prawns to the onion mixture and cook, stirring occasionally until they are well mixed.
- Add the rice, soy sauce and omelet strips and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Decorate with some of the leftover leek and serve hot. Enjoy!!
In Indonesia, this recipe (nasi goreng) is so popular and easy to cook. We usually eat nasi goreng for breakfast or dinner.