- 1 piece (2-3 lbs.) oxtail
- 200 gram carrots, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 5 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 3 stalks chinese celery, thinly sliced
- 1½ tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbs. cloves
- 3 Tbs. fried shallots
- Cut oxtail into round shapes and then put them in a large pot filled with water. Pour in some salt as you like and boil until the pieces of oxtail become very tender. This could take up to 3-4 hours of boiling time. Pour in some more water when needed until they become tender.
- Once they are tender, make sure that you have enough broth (± 6-8 cups). If not enough, pour in some more water.
- Bring it to a boil again. Afterwards, put in the chopped carrots, sliced tomatoes, green onions, celery, white pepper, cloves and nutmeg. Boil again until everything is well cooked.
- Ready to serve. Pour some fried shallots on top of the soup while serving.
Add approximately 1 lb. of beef sirloin or tenderloin to add some flavor to the soup.