500 gr. Ketan (see above)
200 gr. Chicken breast
1 large red Onion
4 cloves Garlic
1 stalk Lemongrass
2 Tsp. Trassi
2 Tsp. Cummin
2 Tsp. Coriander
250 ml. Coconut milk
2 Tbl. Oil.
- Boil the rice as explained above and leave to cool.
- Boil the chicken in some water. Set aside.
- Finely chop Onions, Garlic and Lemongrass.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry Onion, Garlic and Lemongrass mixture. When browned add chopped chicken and other spices. keep frying for a further 3 minutes
- Then add the coconut milk and reduce so the mixture is almost dry again. Leave to cool.
- On a lightly oiled square of tin-foil spread out the cooled down rice in a rectangular shape (12cm * 8cm).
- Put the filling in the middle of the rice and roll it. Repeat for the rest of them
- Serve them as snacks in the afternoon tea time!!
The rice (Ketan) used is sold as "Sticky" or "Glutonous" rice. Although the name might suggest otherwise it contains no gluten but is very rich in starch. Use 2 cups of water for every cup of rice and boil for about 12 minutes. (make sure it doesn't stick to the sausepan). Then steam for a further 15 to 20 minutes. This recipe can also be used for many occasions!